Are you looking for a reliable employee GPS tracking app?
Well, if you are a concerned employer and would like to keep an eye on your employees, then you have come to the right place. These days, a lot of people ask me how to track employee location remotely using some smart apps. Well, there are so many employee tracking apps in the market that can do it for you. To help you pick the best employee location tracking app, I have handpicked the top 5 options in this guide.
Part 1: The 5 Best Employee GPS Tracking Apps (Free and Paid Solutions)
While there are lots of options to do employee location tracking, I have listed the 5 most popular free and paid ones here.
GPS Phone Tracker
If you are a small business owner, then you can try this free employee GPS tracking app. You can use it to connect multiple smartphones with the app and know their real-time locations in one place.
- It can track multiple phones and provide their location through different grids on the screen.
- You can focus on any specific employee and track their real-time whereabouts.
- The app can also record details for the past location history and check-ins for the user
- The standard version is free
- Cross platform support
- Limited features compared to other tools
- Can only record location history for up to 72 hours
Hubstaff Employee GPS Tracking App
Hubstaff is a complete staffing solution that is mostly used by medium-scale businesses. With it, you can track the work done by your employees and even use it as an employee location tracking app.
- The employee tracking app can be used to create job spots for your employees on the map.
- You can assign tasks to them and set deadlines remotely using your app.
- It will also note the real-time movement of your employees that you can monitor on your phone or computer.
- Extremely efficient
- Geofencing features included
- Only limited features are available for free
Where’s My Droid
Where’s My Droid is ideally a phone location tracking app to find out a lost or stolen Android. Although you can also use it to learn how to track employee location remotely as well.
- It is a freely-available solution that can help you locate your employees remotely on your phone.
- You can even ring their device or lock it from your Android phone or by visiting its website.
- It will also notify you whenever the SIM card on the device would be ejected.
- Freely available
- Clean interface
- Not available for iOS devices as of now
- Limited features compared to other tools
This is another employee tracking app that can help you monitor not only their location but also how much time they have allocated for a project. You can clock multiple employees and track their progress in one place.
- The employee GPS tracking app will let you know the exact whereabouts of your employees even when they are on the move.
- Employees can also manage their schedule, tasks, and allocate breaks in between.
- You can monitor the tasks of all employees and see their schedules on your control panel.
- On-the-clock GPS tracking
- Tons of add-on features
- Only 14-day free trial is available
Lastly, you can also take the assistance of Track View to monitor your employees and other people alike. The employee tracking app is extremely powerful and will let you know the exact location of the linked device.
- You can integrate multiple devices of your employees and track them on your phone.
- Apart from monitoring their real-time movement, you can also check their past location history.
- There is also a provision to set geofences and get notified whenever your employees would leave/enter an area.
- Can be linked to Gmail accounts
- SIM ejection is instantly detected
- The free version has limited features
Part 2: mSpy – The Best Employee GPS Tracking App
If you are looking for a more sophisticated solution for employee location tracking, then mSpy would be an ideal pick. Once you have installed this employee GPS tracking app, it will let you know the exact real-time location of your employees. Since it supports both iOS and Android devices, you can do a cross-platform tracking of employees from any smartphone or computer.
- The application will display a map to let you monitor the movement of your employees on a real-time basis.
- You can also know the places your employees visited in the past or the routes they took.
- It supports multiple geofences for every individual and will instantly notify you of their check-ins and check-outs.
- Apart from their location, the tool can also track their contacts, call logs, browsing history, installed apps, and even social media activities of popular apps.
- Some of the other advanced features are SIM removal detection, keylogger, WiFi logs, website blocking, and more.
- Since it supports an excellent stealth mode, the targeted user would not know that you are tracking them (if the mode is activated)
Now when you know how to track employee location, you can easily meet your requirements and monitor your workforce remotely. To make things easier for you, I have listed the top 5 employee tracking apps in this post. Though, if you want to monitor even more details about their device, then you can take the assistance of mSpy. It is a highly sophisticated employee GPS tracking app that would let you keep an eye on multiple employees at the same time. Besides their location, you can also track tons of other details regarding their device and that too without getting detected.