“Is Hoverwatch a good Android phone tracker that I can use to spy on my kids without letting them know?”
If you are a concerned parent who is worried about the safety of your kids, then you might have a query like this regarding Hoverwatch. You might already know that Hoverwatch is a popular phone tracker that can help you obtain vital details of an Android remotely. Though, a lot of users still don’t know how the Hoverwatch app works and if it is worth a try. Well, to resolve this query, I have come up with a detailed Hoverwatch review that you should consider reading before trying this phone tracker.
- Spyzie Review: Is it One of the Most Advanced Phone Trackers?
- mSpy Review: Is This Parental Control App Worth a Try or Not?
- KidsGuard Pro Review- Android & iPhone Monitoring Is Easy Now
What Is a Hoverwatch Phone Tracker?
Hoverwatch is a popular tracker that runs on leading Android devices as well as Mac and Windows systems. Therefore, you can use the tool to track the details of someone’s phone and their computers as well. Although the application is available for all the leading Android devices, some of its advanced features would need root access.
If we talk about the Hoverwatch app, then it can be installed on every leading Android phone. You can sign up for free and later buy a relevant subscription. After that, you can just install the Hoverwatch spy app on the target Android device. Depending on the features of the app and your requirements, you can choose to root your device (or not). Later, you can just go to the Hoverwatch login page and access its control panel to view the device details remotely. The Hoverwatch app would keep running in stealth mode so that the other user won’t know that they are being tracked.
Hoverwatch Review: Compatibility
A while back, Hoverwatch discontinued its support for iOS models. Therefore, the Hoverwatch app can be installed on leading Android phones or Windows/Mac systems presently. It supports all the leading macOS versions, including the latest macOS Catalina. Similarly, you can install Hoverwatch on popular Windows versions, including the new Windows 10.1 version.
If you wish to install the Hoverwatch app on Android, then you can install it on devices running on Android 4.0 and newer versions. There are different APK files that you can download from its website, related to the version of Android that you have. Although, Hoverwatch supports rooted and standard Android devices, the features of the app would vary.
Hoverwatch Review: Key Features
Now when you know how the Hoverwatch app works, let’s get to know about the major features of the app. Although it provides a wide range of features, I have listed some of the most vital offerings of Hoverwatch here.
- Live location tracking
After completely installing the Hoverwatch spy app, you can remotely know the whereabouts of the device. You can also access its past locations and even set multiple geofences for it. In this way, you can get instant alerts whenever the user would leave or enter the restricted area.
- Monitor Contacts and Call Logs
Get to know with whom the other user talks to via the Hoverwatch dashboard. You can access their contacts and detailed call logs. This would include the contact’s number, timestamp, call duration, and more.
- Remotely Read their Messages
Also, with the Hoverwatch phone tracker, you can read all the messages that are exchanged on the device. This would include their received and sent texts with the contact details and timestamps.
- Record Calls remotely
Hoverwatch has also come up with a new update that would let you record the incoming and outgoing calls on the device. You can either record all calls or select the contacts for which you wish to record calls. Later, you can access them from Hoverwatch’s dashboard and save them on your system.
- Social Media Tracking
This is one of the most promising features of Hoverwatch that everyone likes the most. Once the phone tracker is installed, you can spy on all the major social media apps installed on the device. This includes popular apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Snapchat, Viber, LINE, and many more. That is, you can read the messages exchanged on these apps and even access their shared media files.
- Spy on their Internet Activity
You can also know the websites the other user has visited or what they have searched on the web with Hoverwatch. All this detail would be listed in different categories to make it easier for you to explore.
- Inbuilt Keylogger
The Hoverwatch app has an inbuilt keylogger that would record every keystroke that is typed on the device. This means you can access their account details, passwords, browser history, deleted messages, and more.
- Take Screenshots remotely
If you want, you can also use the Hoverwatch Android app and remotely take screenshots of the device. This will let you know what exactly the other user is doing on their phone without getting detected.
- Photos, Calendar, Notes, Apps, and More
Apart from that, there are several other features of the Hoverwatch phone tracker that you can use. For instance, you can access all the saved photos and videos on the device, view their notes, to-do lists, calendar activities, and more. The application will even let you know whenever the SIM card would be removed or the phone tracker app is uninstalled.
How to Install Hoverwatch on a Target Phone?
After getting to know about all the major features of the Hoverwatch spy app, you might be willing to give it a try. Well, it is pretty easy to do Hoverwatch install on any leading Android phone. If you want, you can root your device beforehand to access its advanced features or can simply go through these steps to complete the installation.
1. Firstly, you need to tweak your Android phone’s settings a bit. For instance, go to its Settings > Security and enable the app installation feature from unknown sources.
2. After that, you can go to the Google Play Store and access its Settings > Play Protect, and turn off the feature to scan your device for any security threat.
3. Great! Once you have met these prerequisites, you can just go to the website of Hoverwatch and create your user account.
4. Log in to the website and make sure that you have an active subscription so that you would get an option to download the Hoverwatch Android app.
5. From here, you can just tap on the download button and get the APK file of Hoverwatch on your phone. Now, just tap on the downloaded APK file, grant the browser permission to install the app, and follow a click-through process to complete the installation.
How to Use Hoverwatch to Track an Android Phone?
You might already know that installing a phone tracker app is only a job half done. Once the app has been installed, you need to perform its initial setup so that it can track the device in the background. You would have to go through the following steps to quickly set up the Hoverwatch app on the target Android phone.
1. Once you have downloaded the APK, grant the app all the needed permissions to complete the installation.
2. Now, as you would launch the app, you need to first select some details about the device owner and agree to the legal license of the tool beforehand.
3. That’s it! Now you can just log in to your own Hoverwatch account to get things started. Make sure it is the same Hoverwatch account of yours where you have bought an active subscription.
4. Afterward, you need to grant Hoverwatch access to your device storage, camera, microphone, and other components. You would also have to give it the administrator access and turn on the sync services to upload the data on its servers.
5. In the end, after completing the setup, you can just choose to reboot your Android device. When your phone is restarted, you can remove the Hoverwatch app icon from the device to let it run in stealth mode.
6. Whenever you wish to track the device, just go to the Hoverwatch dashboard and select your phone from its sidebar. Here, you can switch between different categories that would list your device’s details like its locations, calls logs, messages, social media activities, and more.
Is Hoverwatch Free?
This is something that a lot of people ask me about Hoverwatch as the company promotes itself as a “free phone tracker”. Well, to my disappointment, I found out that the Hoverwatch free version only lasts for 3 days. That is, you can only access a 3-day trial version of Hoverwatch for free, but after that, you need to get a paid plan.
Depending on the number of devices you wish to track with the Hoverwatch spy app, the tool is available in three different versions presently. You can select the version and the duration from its website while getting your subscription.
- Personal: Costs $24.95 a month, $59.95 for 3 months, or $99.95 annually (can track a single device)
- Professional: Costs $49.95 a month, $99.95 for 3 months, or $199.95 annually (can track up to 5 devices in one place)
- Business: Costs $149.95 a month, $299.95 for 3 months, or $499.95 annually (can track up to 25 devices in one place)
What its Customers Are Saying about Hoverwatch?
Well, that was our honest Hoverwatch review with a detailed tutorial on how to use its phone tracker app. Besides that, you can also have a look at some of the other Hoverwatch reviews of its customers too.
“Overall, it is a good phone tracker with all the basic features. I particularly like its keylogger that automatically lists things under different sections for our ease.” – Richard
“I have been using the Hoverwatch app to track my son’s Android phone for over a year now and he still has no idea about it. The app is truly undetectable and I get daily reports regarding the device usage as well.” – Joanna
“Initially, I found the pricing for the app a bit high, but after using it for over 6 months now, I was satisfied. I will keep using it and would recommend it to other parents too!” – Taylor
There you go! Now when you know about the essential features of the Hoverwatch spy app and its functioning, you can easily give it a try. As you can see, the Hoverwatch phone tracker offers a ton of features that you would enjoy using. From social media monitoring to live location tracking, you can access it all with the Hoverwatch app. Go ahead and do Hoverwatch download on the target device or simply use its free trial to be a judge of it yourself!
People Also Ask
Q1: Is Hoverwatch illegal?
The legality of any phone tracker would depend on numerous factors like your country, its laws, the age of the other user, etc. To avoid any legal complications, you can do Hoverwatch download on your phone and later give it to your employees or kids. Also, you can get a written consent from them for tracking their device in advance.
Q2: Is Hoverwatch detectable?
No – the Hoverwatch app runs in a stealth mode to make sure that the other user won’t know of its presence. Though, there is no guarantee that the targeted user will never know about it.
Q3: Do I have to root my phone to use Hoverwatch?
The basic features of Hoverwatch are available for every standard device and you don’t need to root it. Nevertheless, if you wish to access its advanced features like keylogger or Snapchat tracker, then the rooting of the device would be needed in advance.
>> Check here to learn more posts about phone trackers reviews.
I’m Tony, a Senior Engineer. I have been working software development for nearly ten years. Here in Topmobiletracker i will objectively review phone tracker apps in all aspects to help you make the right choice.