“I want to track a mobile number location, but I’m not able to find any feasible fix. Please tell me how to find someone’s location by cell phone number?”
As a reader posted this query, it made me realize that a lot of people find it hard to track a cell phone location by number. Ideally, there are online directories for phone numbers that can only provide their registered location. If you wish to track the real-time location of a device, then you need to use dedicated tracking apps. Don’t worry – it is pretty easy to track phone number location using these solutions. In this guide, I will list five ways to find the location of a mobile number and a detailed tutorial to use one of these apps.
Part 1: How to Track Someone by Cell Phone Number without Them Knowing
One of the easiest ways to track a cell phone location by number is by using a professional app like FoneMonitor. It supports every leading Android and iOS device and does not need any jailbreak or root access as well. For iOS devices, it only supports the access to location history as of now. Though, if you try its Android GPS tracker mobile number feature, then you can know the real-time location of the device and even set geofences on it. Here are some of the other features of FoneMonitor that you should know:
- Once the cell phone number tracker app is installed, you can know the live location of the device remotely whenever you want.
- It will also let you know the past location history of the device and you can set geo-fences to get instant check-in and check-out alerts on your phone.
- There is a dedicated keylogger that will let you access all the keys that are typed on the target phone.
- With it, you can also keep an eye on their social media activities for apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, Twitter, Viber, WeChat, and more.
- It can also be used to track the device’s call logs, contacts, browser history, saved photos, documents, web searches, and so much more.
- Since it runs in a smart stealth mode, the targeted user will never know that they are being tracked by you.
Why Choose FoneMonitor?
There is not one, but multiple reasons for picking FoneMonitor as your preferred solution for a mobile phone number tracker.
- Since the app runs invisibly, you can track someone by cell phone number without them knowing.
- It is extremely simple to track a cell phone location by number using FoneMonitor as it does not need any prior technical background.
- There is no need to root or jailbreak the target device to install FoneMonitor.
- A free demo of the tool is available on its website.
- Offers tons of advanced features like remote screenshots, geofences, keylogger, etc.
- It is compatible with every major device running on Android 4+ and iOS 10.0+
How To Use FoneMonitor To Track Someone’s Location?
If you wish to track someone’s real-time location or know their past location history using FoneMonitor, then just follow these basic steps:
Step 1: Set up your FoneMonitor account
If you don’t have a FoneMonitor account, then just go to its official website on any device and sign-up to create a new account. To do this, you need to enter your email id and set up a strong password.
Furthermore, you need to provide details of the device owner and select if the target phone is an Android or iPhone. If it is an iOS device, then you just need to log-in to the iCloud account linked to the device.
Step 2: Install the device tracking app
In order to spy on an Android phone, you need to access it first, and go to its Settings > Security. From here, you can turn on the download option for apps from third-party sources and go to FoneMonitor’s website to download its APK file.
Once the APK is downloaded, tap on it from the notification bar and launch the installer. Just follow a simple on-screen process to complete the installation of the tracking app.
After that, you can tap on FoneMonitor’s icon from the home screen to launch it. Just use your own account details to log-in to the app and grant it the needed permissions.
Activate the device administrator on the app and start monitoring the phone. Once it is active, it will automatically remove the app icon and would keep running in an invisible mode.
Step 3: Track the phone location remotely
That’s it! Whenever you wish to track phone number location for free, just visit the online dashboard of FoneMonitor on any device. Now, you can view a map-like interface to check the live location of the phone. From its sidebar, you can also access its past location history and set geofences on the device as well.
Part 2: Other Tools to Find Someone’s Location by Cell Phone Number
Apart from FoneMonitor, there are a few other tools that you can use as a free cell phone tracker by number. Most of them either offer a free demo version or a trial period so that you can know about their features before getting their paid subscription.
If you are looking for a trustworthy and efficient solution to track phone number location for free, then you can try mSpy. Though, it only offers a free trial version and you need to get its dedicated subscription for iPhone or Android respectively.
- After installing the tracker on the target phone, you can easily view its real-time location on mSpy’s Control Panel.
- There is also a solution to access the past location history of the device.
- You can set multiple geofences for the device and get alerts on your phone instantly whenever they leave or enter the area.
- Apart from that, you can also use it to track their social media apps, browser history, saved media, and more.
- Reliable and efficient
- Runs in a stealth mode
- Needs jailbreak access for live location tracking
Supports: iOS and Android
If you are a concerned parent and want to keep a tap on your kid’s location, then you can also try this app. As of now, it only supports Android devices and there isn’t a version for iOS phones. You can install the app on the target phone and use it as a solution to track phone number location.
- It will let you remotely track the real-time location of your kids or the targeted user.
- You can also know the past location history of the device and set geofences on it.
- There are features to track their social media activity, read their messages, and even view the stored photos on the device.
- The app also provides all sorts of parental control features, letting you monitor the device usage by setting screen time on it.
- Easy to use
- Does not support iOS devices as of now
Supports: Android 4+
The next app that I would recommend is Spyzie, which is one of the most advanced device trackers out there. You can use it to track an iOS or an Android phone remotely. While you would need to access the Android phone at least once to install the app, there is a provision to keep an eye on the iOS device without even accessing it.
- It will let you remotely track the live location of the target phone without getting detected.
- You can use it to track a cell phone location by number, access its past location records, and even set geofences for the devices.
- It has an advanced keylogger to let you access their messages, social media chats, web searches, and even account details.
- You can remotely take screenshots of the device whenever you want.
- No root or jailbreak needed
- Excellent stealth mode
- Limited features for the iOS version
Supports: iOS and Android
Lastly, you can also try SpyMyFone as a reliable solution to find the location of a mobile number. You can use it to track your own phone or someone else’s device. Since it offers a wide range of device tracking features, it will help you keep an eye on your kids or spouse remotely.
- It will let you track the real-time whereabouts of a user remotely on its interface.
- You can also set geofences on the device and get notified instantly for check-ins and check-outs.
- The location history feature will let you know where the user has been in the past or the routes they have taken.
- Also offers additional features like social media tracking, keylogger, and more
- Easy to use with no root access needed
- Invisible mode supported
- No support for Windows phones presently
Supports: iOS and Android
I’m sure that after reading this guide on how to find someone’s location by cell phone number, you can easily keep an eye on anyone’s whereabouts. Whenever I want to find my phone location by number as well, I also use these options. You can go with either of these solutions and pick a preferred GPS tracker mobile number. If you still have any doubt about cell phone number tracker solutions, then let us know about it in the comments below.